The Aurealis Awards were established in 1995 by Chimaera Publications, the publishers of Aurealis magazine, to recognise the achievements of Australian science fiction, fantasy and horror writers. Sara Douglass was a finalist eight times and won three times over the course of her career (including having two books win first place in 1996).
Aurealis Awards: Fantasy division
- Finalist: BattleAxe (1995)
- Won: Enchanter and StarMan (1996) (tie with Jack Dann’s The Memory Cathedral)
- Finalist: Sinner (1997)
- Finalist: Pilgrim (1998)
- Finalist: Crusader (1999)
- Finalist: The Nameless Day (2000)
- Won: The Wounded Hawk (2001) – Read the Aurealis judges report here.
- Finalist: The Crippled Angel (2002)
- Finalist: Hades’ Daughter (2002)
- Finalist: Darkwitch Rising (2005)